Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Health Care Law - Another Crisis, Immediate Action Needed

Regarding health care and pending legislation, there is so much to say and so little time. The current Democrat proposed legislation is over 1,000 pages and references other legislation by page and line number so it is not easy to read. I estimate it would take a person working 10 hours a day about a month to understand the basics of the bill.

Two provisions seem to be included that require insurers to take all applicants and to cover existing conditions. Therefore, I plan to ask my employer to cancel my coverage. I will apply if I get sick. I have a $2,000 deductible anyway and my ulcer medication is now available over the counter. I also go the the local Chinese herbal practitioner. (Mao was laughted at for "The Barefoot Doctor." It sounds like a good idea now.) This would save my $200 a month premium. With the onerous mandates to private insurers included in the bill, my premium would probable double or more. What I am curious about is: Could our elected representatives really be so stupid?

Speaking of stupidity, our usually far left local news paper, The Seattle Times, today asks the same question about the Democrat Party for proposing the current foreign trade bill. The bill would amount to high tariffs based upon various politically incorrect behavior of trading partners. Maybe the liberals are coming around. It took them eight years to wake up with FDR. The current administration is moving much faster that FDR. I hope the stupidity will be stopped. One fear I have is that BHO has promised the Democrats cushy jobs if they are not reelected because they supported him. He has plenty of money for pay-offs: The Stimulus fund, it's golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment